We are looking for a Junior Data Scientist to join our nascent Buenos Aires team.This is a new role focused on the use of data and models to gain granular insight into digital media performance, support fact-based decisions, and communicate opportunities for improvement for MightyHive’s clients as well as our internal initiatives.
The junior data scientist will help develop solutions using statistical and data science methods, working closely with our Analytics, Account Management, and Solutions Engineering teams. The candidate can expect to participate in all phases of internal and client projects, including project definition, data discovery, model development and/or data mining, evaluating options, and making recommendations.
- Prepare and organize data to develop information models that can prove or reject project hypotheses.
- Use statistical and data science tools (mainly with R and/or Python) to create models that portray user behaviour and relationships between online and offline.
- Design and manage experiments to ensure proper execution, data cleanliness, and statistical significance of results.
- Utilize data visualization tools (Tableau, Looker, Data Studio) to explain data and models to clients and internal teams.
- Nurture client understanding of the importance of building & testing strategies across media buys; act as a consultative resource to help clients understand the quality of their internal testing processes.
- Integration of disparate data sources, technologies and platforms and gather all the available data in order to improve client decisions.
- Use and deploy cloud resources (Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services, Azure) to perform analysis on large data sets.
What you bring to it:
- Communication skills – must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing.
- Strong analytical reasoning and problem-solving skills plus ability to work with incomplete or imperfect data.
- Relevant mathematics background including Statistics, Probabilities and Linear Algebra.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Information Systems, Statistics or Economics.
- Hands-on experience with typical machine learning algorithms (linear and logistic regressions, decision trees, clustering algorithms) and libraries (scikit-learn, matplotlib, tidyverse, dplyr, ggplot).
- Experience reading the documentation and understanding the technical requirements for implementation of diverse tools and platforms.
- Ability to explain the analytical methods and results to non-technical stakeholders to drive data-driven decision making.
- Passionate about working in an extremely fast-paced, demanding, and fluid startup environment.
At least two of the following:
- 1+ years of experience in digital analytics and digital advertising
- 1+ years of experience querying large databases with SQL (BigQuery is a plus)
- 1+ years of experience analyzing data with Python and/or R
- 1+ years of experience with digital analytics tool (Google Analytics / Adobe Analytics or similar)
What do we offer you?
- Teamwork culture, with many professional opportunities and in a family environment
- 3 weeks holiday
- English classes 100% covered by the company
- Swiss Medical health insurance
- WFH Bonus to cover internet and general services expenses while working remotely
- Access to e-learning platforms
- Flexible WFH Policy
- Work Balance Policy
- Compensation Policy
- Salary adjustments every 3 months, aligned to the IPC index
At MightyHive we are an equal opportunity employer committed to building a respectful and empowering work environment for all our people. Here you will find a place to express yourself freely along with professionals who respect and embrace diversity in all its forms. Join this amazing tea