MightyHive is a new breed of media consultancy that partners with global brands and agencies seeking transformative marketing results in a time of massive disruption and opportunity. Recognized as a global leader in advanced marketing and advertising technologies, MightyHive provides consulting and services in the areas of media operations and training, data strategy and analytics.
The company is headquartered in San Francisco, with teams in 19 countries and 24 cities around the world. In 2018, MightyHive merged with S4Capital plc (SFOR.L), a new age/new era digital advertising and marketing services company established by Sir Martin Sorrell in 2018.
We are looking for an autonomous, flexible, high-performing Employment Legal Counsel who will specialize on labor matters in LATAM, mainly in Brazil, Argentina and Mexico, and provide subject matter expertise on labor laws to internal business stakeholders. This role reports to the General Counsel for the Americas.
Responsibilities will include:
- Partnering closely with our People Operations team to evaluate legal risks and provide support on a broad range of labor issues including recruiting, employee management, training, and best practices;
- Draft, review, and revise a variety of employment related documents and agreements, including offer letters/contracts, contractor agreements, standard agreements and authorizations, freelancer contracts;
- Evaluate internal questions which may arise from legal updates, manage and resolve employment requests, claims, disputes and litigation, including managing external counsel when necessary;
- Collaborate with the People Operations team on projects including reviewing policy and process rollouts and implementation;
- Create and deliver internal training related to labor law matters such as manager trainings, orientations, legislation updates, and harassment training;
- Assist with post-merger integration as related to employment and labor processes;
- Stay up to date with the most recent developments in employment and labor law and ensure internal policies and procedures are updated accordingly;
- Work with our internal legal team on cross functional matters related to labor issues
- Bachelor of Laws in good standing and admitted to practice in a qualified jurisdiction;
- 3-5 years of experience advising internal business partners on federal and state employment and labor laws;
- Employment litigation experience is preferred;
- Good understanding of Argentinian, Mexican and Brazilian labor legislation is a plus;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both Spanish and English;
- Written and verbal communication skills in Portuguese is a plus;
- Ability to work independently and generally exercise excellent judgment;
- Must enjoy working cross-functionally with many different teams.
What do we offer you?
- Teamwork culture, with many professional opportunities and in a family environment
- 3 weeks holiday
- English classes 100% covered by the company
- Swiss Medical health insurance
- WFH Bonus to cover internet and general services expenses while working remotely
- Access to e-learning platforms
- Flexible WFH Policy
- Work Balance Policy
- Compensation Policy
- Salary adjustments every 3 months, aligned to the IPC index
At MightyHive we are an equal opportunity employer committed to building a respectful and empowering work environment for all our people. Here you will find a place to express yourself freely along with professionals who respect and embrace diversity in all its forms. Join this amazing team!