The ideal candidate will be conversant in online advertising technologies, have a passion for simplicity and clarity, and have a strong legal background in contract drafting and negotiation in North America.
Responsibilities will include:
- Draft, review, and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements to support sales, marketing, and operations. Your primary focus will be on our MSAs, statements of work, data processing agreements, and NDAs.
- Create, maintain, and update internal contract templates to reflect changes in the company’s business and the legal landscape
- Work with clients and internal teams to lead negotiation of terms to align with company policies and objectives
- Analyze and mitigate potential risks involved with specific contract terms
- Partner with internal legal counsel to create contract policies and commercial strategy to ensure the support of the business as it scales
- Serve as primary contact for internal and external contract-related inquiries
- Create and deliver internal training on commercial and legal processes and concepts
- Assist with post-merger integration as related to commercial processes
- Proactively identify new projects and goals needed to improve the legal function and work to accomplish them
- Provide guidance and support to the global Contracts team
- Stay current on relevant industry, commercial, IP, privacy, employment, and other laws, regulations, and developments to adapt our commercial processes accordingly
- Work on various other legal projects to support the Legal team
What you bring to it:
- 3+ years of experience working on commercial transactions.
- Demonstrated experience in digital advertising, content, and media is preferred, but not required.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Ability to work independently and generally exercise excellent judgment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to relay legal concepts, policies, documents in a manner easily understood by non-lawyers.
- Flexibility to adapt and thrive in a constantly changing environment as we continue to grow our business internationally.
- Curiosity and eagerness to stay up to date on the regional legal landscape and our industry and align our goals accordingly.
- Must enjoy working cross-functionally with many different teams.
- Licensed lawyer in good standing admitted to practice in a qualified jurisdiction.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary + year-end bonus tied to Company performance
- Full coverage health insurance including Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401K with Company contribution
- Flexible vacation time
- Paid Parental Leave after 1 year of service
- MightyHive cell phone plan