The Opportunity: Partner Manager, Amazon
The Partner Manager role is a senior Partnerships and Business Development role and as such, requires demonstrated experience creating business relationships with executive level decision makers and technology initiative drivers and owners. This person has demonstrated success in a measured and team bonus driven compensation model, with a history of having worked within structured Partner Programs from inception, to framework creation and Agreements. A primary function of this role includes day-to-day management of our strategic partnership with Amazon, including enablement strategies and goals aligned with revenue attribution targets. Candidates for this role also have experience working together with local Growth Account Executives and teams on large complex deals together with Amazon. They have a passion for relationship building and a strong ability to connect disparate parties together to uncover, identify and help close long-term Partner opportunities and deals.
This person has experience in Partner and co-selling success, servicing both the growth/sales organization and the Partner organization. This person also has the demonstrated ability to synthesize visions and align goals and objectives across parties to focus effort.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with Amazon in a myriad of ways, e.g. Amazon Advertising and eCommerce/retail, with some additional responsibilities focused on helping surface and evaluate new Alliance opportunities within Amazon in areas aligned to our Partnerships and key GTM strategies.
In summary, this person is an established, strategic minded Partner Management professional with demonstrated Channel and Strategic Partner growth qualities and experience in managing and growing successful partnerships and corresponding revenue streams.
The Partner Manager is responsible for the management of strategic relationships with key stakeholders and teams within Amazon that continuously yields new business development/growth opportunities. The primary measurement of success for this role is defined by achieving the Partner KPIs and revenue attribution targets as set forth by the SVP, Head of Partner Growth.
The Partner Manger is responsible for:
- Managing Partner programs and initiatives to help partners work in alignment with S4/ MediaMonks/MightHive
- Working with the Partnerships team to establish and maintain a unique value proposition that wraps S4/MediaMonks/MightyHive’s value and services around Amazon’s technology and offerings as a joint solution, that both group’s organizations can leverage and promote in the marketplace. These may include vertical and industry specific offerings.
- Managing the Amazon Partner pipeline development including driving partner co-selling with regional Growth teams and Partner sales orgs.
- Working with both the Amazon and S4 teams to establish a joint marketing plan that would focus on events, publications and thought leadership. Work to achieve Marketing Development Funds (MDF), where applicable, from each to serve as the budget for these activities.
- Working with the Partnerships team to identify regional Amazon Growth objectives and paths that align with the company's strategic direction and roadmap.
- Helping to track and sustain an approved annual Amazon forecast and run-rate, including monthly reporting to the SVP, Head of Partner Growth.
- Working with the regional Growth teams to mentor and develop our Amazon partner awareness, knowledge and sales support processes and capabilities.
- 3 - 7 years blend of Partner Programs / Operations / Management experience – this includes experience with managing Partner Programs, Partner Marketing and Sales, portals, program guides, partner policies, operations, etc.
- 3+ years experience with Amazon digital media/advertising with an emphasis on programmatic and measurement solutions
- Amazon retail experience preferred
- A focus on partnership development and management supporting performance and brand marketing, advertising technology, programmatic or a related field would be advantageous
- Knowledge of System Integrators, Resellers, Channel Sales, Independent Software Vendors is also important
- BS/BA Degree or equivalent in relevant work experience
- Ability to travel as needed
- Good project management skills preferred
- Ability to work within sometimes ambiguous situations, think creatively and partner collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, reporting accuracy, ability to problem-solve as well as work independently is essential
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Aptitude, creativity and a preference for working in small, collaborative teams and cross-functionally within an organization with all levels of management, internally and externally
- Ability to assess strategic alignment through qualitative review, problem solving and analysis skills, combined with sound business judgement
- Self-starter with great time management skills
- Ability to analyze, build and present key proposals in front of executives