MightyHive and S4 Capital are looking to bring on a driven, dedicated and resourceful People Operations Manager (HR Business Partner) to join our Sydney Operations Team. The successful candidate is a self-starter who eagerly takes on new challenges and seeks creative solutions to problems.
MightyHive is the leading data and digital media consultancy that helps marketers take control. MightyHive delivers sustained results from the ground up through advisory for business transformation, privacy-first data strategy, and digital media services.
The company is headquartered in San Francisco, with a team of consultants, platform experts, data scientists, and marketing engineers in 19 countries and 24 cities around the world. In 2018, MightyHive merged with S4Capital plc (SFOR.L), a tech-led new age/new era digital advertising and marketing services company established by Sir Martin Sorrell.
Join us and have a meaningful impact on our business and our people, while partnering with a stellar team, for a company whose culture is centred around career growth and the best and brightest.
As People Operations Manager at MightyHive, you will establish, drive and support the MightyHive operations and people strategy to ensure that MightyHive attracts, retains and develops great people who are passionate about MightyHive and its culture as we scale rapidly. Our ideal candidate will take the initiative and serve as a guide to our business while also being flexible and creative on the best ways to implement and execute.
- General Policies and Procedures (P&P) for AUNZ: Take the lead in ensuring that a comprehensive set of operational policies are in place, staff have been trained in the P&P and compliance is verified. This also includes facilitating review and updating of existing policies and procedures as well as identifying need for and developing new P&Ps to reflect the needs of a growing and dynamic organization. While the POM may not be responsible for actual drafting of many of the P&Ps, they serve as the first point of contact for questions related to operational policies and procedures, play a critical coordination and management role to ensure follow through, complete and maintain P&Ps and exercise good judgement to raise relevant issues for senior management attention/action.
- Organization Effectiveness: Establish ways of working to do more with less, nimble execution, and high collaboration. Ensure both strategy and execution of tactics are addressed in all aspects of Human Resources and Corporate Operations.
- Special Initiatives: The POM will provide support for a variety of special initiatives at the direction of the Managing Director and Head of People Operations. The nature and scope of the initiatives will vary considerably depending on organizational needs and will often be identified and proposed by the POM in consultation with staff in other parts of the organization. Initiatives will usually be related to strengthening operational efficiency and/or organizational effectiveness. Typically these initiatives will be developed and incubated by the POM, then transitioned over time to the appropriate organizational unit for implementation.
- Headcount Planning and Talent Acquisition Strategy: Assisting Managers and Directors with annual headcount planning for their teams, formulating a recruitment strategy to fulfill hiring plans and overseeing the effective delivery of said strategy.
HR / People Operations
- Human Resources: Manage all stages of the employee life-cycle from onboarding, to orientation, to development and support to offboarding and termination. This includes departmental development, Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), employee relations, training and development, benefits, compensation, organizational development, and employment.
- People Operations: Collaborate with leadership in regional offices to determine best practices and implement processes globally. Effectively manage immigration cases.
- Employment regulatory Compliance: Ensure compliance with all employment laws. Research requirements where we have a global presence and communicate findings to leadership
- MightyHive Culture: Collaborate with team members to ensure MightyHive’s culture is embodied through the entire employee lifecycle, from recruiting to offboarding across all of the offices in the region.
- Employee Relations: Provide support for employees at all levels to successfully navigate employee relations.
Benefits and Payroll and Expenses
- Payroll: Support with all payroll processing duties per region. Provide assistance to both human resources and accounting partners when necessary on both a project and ad hoc basis.
- Benefits Management: Design, oversee and implement MightyHive’s compensation and benefits programs. This may include, health insurance, corporate travel and entertainment policy, and business mobile phone plan. We are looking for someone who can maintain the benefits we already have as well as implement new incentives for employees to make us more competitive in the industry.
- Travel Programs: Evaluate travel programs to improve the employee experience while maximising MightyHive’s rewards.
What you bring to it
- At least 5-10 years of experience in a people operations or HR function or equivalent degree and experience
- A passion for HR and solving for the future.
- Proven track record of managing and coaching junior-level employees.
- Strong project and process management skills. You’re able to successfully juggle various tasks, and switch between them seamlessly.
- Highly organided and detail-oriented with focus on execution, problem solving, and improving processes
- Not afraid of course correcting in the middle of a defined process
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a fast-paced environment
- We don’t even have to tell you when discretion is required.