Associate Technical Solutions Engineer
This is an entry level position intended for new graduates. Please include your academic transcript when applying.
MightyHive is a new breed of media consultancy that partners with global brands and agencies seeking transformative marketing results in a time of massive disruption and opportunity. Recognized as a global leader in advanced marketing and advertising technologies, MightyHive provides consulting and services in the areas of media operations and training, data strategy and analytics. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, and has offices across the globe in London, New York, Sydney, Singapore, Melbourne, and Tokyo. There’s actually quite a few more too. In 2018, MightyHive merged with S4 Capital plc (SFOR.L), a new age/new era digital advertising and marketing services company established by Sir Martin Sorrell in 2018.
The Role’s Responsibilities
We’re hiring for a Technical Solutions Engineer, but what actually is that? The role is split into three categories: internal software development, client facing engineering services, and providing support to our Account Management and fulfillment teams.
This role is for engineers that are true entrepreneurs and take on the role of developer, consultant, and platform specialist. Excellent communication skills are a must along with the perseverance to solve problems that may not have obvious solutions. You may need to "Think out of the box" or "hack around" a problem to solve it. We like that!
- Work closely with clients to understand their data and technology requirements.
- Undertake requirements analysis and assist in development of measurement models
- Develop solution designs for analytics technology (Google and Adobe) and cloud data infrastructure
- Implement technical solutions using (but not limited to) Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics and Google Cloud Platform.
- Provide technical leadership in relation to analytics and cloud technologies for account managers, sales teams and clients.
- Keep abreast of trends in the technology landscape that impact the quality and integrity of digital data.
- Build innovative tools on top of advertising and analytics platforms to enhance the capabilities of our account management and specialist teams
- Write technical documentation and provide training on the tools we build to other engineers and account managers across the globe
- Provide engineering services along the lines of data integration, platform migration, automating workflows and process, tag audits and deployments, visualization, and cloud architecture consulting.
- Provide technical guidance on complicated platform and implementation issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- Google Cloud Platform Data Architect Certification (highly desirable, but not required)
- Google Analytics IQ Certification (highly desirable, but not required)
- Adobe Analytics Certification (highly desirable, but not required)
- Full stack web development skills
- Experience with some of the following languages:
- React + Redux
- Working knowledge of relational and non-relational databases
- Experience deploying to Cloud Platforms (GCP, AWS, etc.)
- DOM and browser based network debugging
- The ability to speak confidently to other engineers
- The ability to translate technical concepts to non-technical people
- Exceptional leadership, project management, analytical problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to prioritize a number of projects and collaborate across technical teams of different disciplines
- Automation Frameworks like PhantomJS or Selenium
- Knowledge of display advertising principles (CPA, CTRs, CPMs, Impressions, etc.)
- Knowledge of site-side/product analytics (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Amplitude)
- Previous sales, support, consulting, or biz dev experience
- Data Analysis in Python and R
- Machine Learning, Tensor Flow
- Data Visualization
- Data Engineering, ETL
Technologies Commonly Used on Our Team
- Postman, Charles Proxy
- Google Marketing (GA, CM, DV360)
- Google Cloud Platform
- Adobe Analytics
Let's get rid of the bullet points. The SE team is made up of full stack engineers who work a few different things: client related tagging and analysis, tool development, and infrastructure setup. There are SEs everywhere globally, but our team mainly sticks within APAC (Australia, Singapore, Japan, Korea, and Kazakstan).
You'll have the chance to work on many different things and (hopefully) find something you want to focus on more. You'll learn a lot about Google Cloud, data manipulation at scale, how the analytics and marketing world works (on the digital side), how privacy regulation is changing the internet, and more.