MightyHive is the leading data and digital media consultancy that helps marketers take control. MightyHive delivers sustained results from the ground up through advisory for business transformation, privacy-first data strategy, and digital media services.
The company is headquartered in San Francisco, with a team of consultants, platform experts, data scientists, and marketing engineers in 19 countries and 24 cities around the world. In 2018, MightyHive merged with S4Capital plc (SFOR.L), a tech-led new age/new era digital advertising and marketing services company established by Sir Martin Sorrell.
MightyHive is hiring a Technical Solutions Engineer, Data to partner with top clients and our Data, Analytics, and Account Management teams.
Join us and have the opportunity to shape the industry, drive meaningful results for clients, and grow your career.
You’ll leverage your software engineering experience and coding ability as a dedicated, client-facing technical resource to our Data, Analytics, and Account Management teams. This role is for engineers that are true entrepreneurs and take on the role of developer, consultant, and platform specialist. Expect to participate in all phases of internal and client projects, including project definition, data discovery, model development and/or data mining, evaluating options, and making recommendations.
At MightyHive, you’ll be building innovative applications that keep us ahead of the curve as well as internal tools that help us be more efficient and productive. You’ll support the advertising ecosystem that fuels our digital economy and have an opportunity to work with some of the largest companies in the world.
Your desire to work on hard problems should be complemented by your entrepreneurial ingenuity. Technical Solutions Engineers work in all aspects of digital advertising and user flow data analysis. We value execution above all else. If you can and want to solve real-world problems, every day, we want to hear from you.
What you bring to it:
- 1+ years of experience querying large databases (SQL) (experience with BigQuery a plus)
- Experience working with APIs and digesting API documentation
- Expert knowledge of the DOM and how to interact with its elements
- Working knowledge of GitHub
- Working knowledge of cloud platforms (GCP a plus) with experience in ETL, building microservices, analyzing large data sets, and identity management
- Working knowledge of site-side analytics tools and concepts
- Working knowledge of data visualization techniques to explain data and models to clients and internal teams (Tableau, Looker, Data Studio, etc.)
- The ability to integrate technology platforms and amalgamate disparate client data sources
- Able to speak confidently about solutions to peers and other engineers
- Previous sales, support, consulting, or biz dev experience is a plus
- Excellent communication skills are a must along with the perseverance to solve problems that may not have obvious solutions. You may need to “Think out of the box” or “hack around” a problem to solve it. We like that!
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
What we offer:
- Competitive salary + year-end bonus tied to Company performance
- Competitive group health plan
- RRSP Pension plan
- 4 weeks vacation per year
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible working hours
- Training program and career pathing
- Fast paced startup environment on the bleeding edge of technology changes
- Casual/flexible environment
- Working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic